Arts In The Community Grants 2015



Fine ArtsWebsite-Fine-Arts.jpg:

Mail 6 copies of the assembled grant  

ACK Grant Application to:


Arts Council of Kern

2015 Grants Committee

1330 Truxtun Ave., Suite B

Bakersfield, CA 93301



Friday, January 30, 2015 by 5:00 PM

ACK Grant Application

For More Information Contact the Arts Council via emai: or call 661.324.9000

# Posted 10/20/14; 9:04:27 AM to the Department - -

Young Audiences Catalog 2014-15

YA Catalog 2014-15:

Young Audiences (YA) is the nationís leading arts in education organization which brings the arts to millions of young people in schools and community centers each year. We at the Arts Council of Kern (ACK) have been providing arts in education programs for over 30 years. When we became the 31st Young Audience affiliate in 2009, we took on the responsibility to provide more YA-based services throughout Kern County. read more...

For more information, check out

Click here to download the Young Audience Catalog 2014-15.

# Posted 10/2/14; 1:41:45 PM to the Department - -

Call for Taste of Grace

Last ChanceCofA
Call to Artists!
August 2014 

For Questions
Call 324-9000
or email:

Like us on Facebook   Follow us on Twitter   Find us on Pinterest  Instagram Follow us on Twitter 
How to Submit
  • Artist Statement explaining your work 
  • Contact information, email and phone 
  • 2 pieces of work (jpg) 

Submit electronically to:

Only electronic submissions will be accepted.

Call Summary

ACK is searching for 20 artists who create work that is either spiritual, religious, and/or inspirational.


Program Details
This is a one day event that will benefit The Bakersfield Homeless Center and Alliance Against Family Violence & Assault. The night will include wine tasting, live music, silent auction and raffles. Artists are asked to sell pieces that are either spiritual, religious, and/or inspirational. Artists will have a booth space, table(s) if needed.


  • All samples must be submitted by the end of August.
  • Artist must be available for event on October 3rd at 5:30pm-9:30pm
  • Artist are obligated to donate 10% of profits to The Bakersfield Homeless Center and The Alliance Against Family Violence & Sexual Assualt 

Event Flyer
A Taste of Grace

  • July 28th, August 4th and 11th - Call to Artist
  • August 18th-22nd - Samples of work due
  • September 15th - Artists Notified
  • TBD - Meeting/Orientation with Event Lead
  • October 3rd @ 5:30pm- Set up at 712 19th St. (The Gardens at Mill Creek) 
Arts Council of Kern
1330 Truxtun Ave. Suite B
Bakersfield, CA 93301


# Posted 8/13/14; 9:53:31 AM to the Department - -

First Friday and More

First Friday
1330 Truxtun Ave. Suite B
324-9000 or David's Cell: 330-7541

  • I am a musician and want to play, can I play on the street? We are still working this out, Don Martin will be in charge of band selection once he starts to manage the First Friday event and activities. At this time if you would like to play in a vendor space you are welcome to do so, and as long as you are not disturbing your neighbors and your music is appropriate for all ages, please contact us for a permit. ACK will only be responsible for ArtWalk and the vendors contracted therein as the First Friday Event takes shape in the new year.
  • As an author can I sell my published book or Zine? Yes, we encourage all literary artists to participate.
  • As a musician can I sell my CDs and Band Shirts? So long as you are the musician and the merchandise was created by an artist specifically for your use.
  • Can I sell my DVDs? Yes, if you are the filmmaker and or producer of the film. This is a family event and some discretion is desired as to the content of the film.
  • Will I be able to reserve my space? Yes, with your paid permit you get to reserve your space. First-come-first-served bases through the ACK's office.
  • What are the fees? $25-Month to month, $120-6 month, $180-12 month
  • When can I get my permit? During office hours- call ahead. Or on First Friday.
  • What time can I set up? Set up is 3:30-5:00 PM, ArtWalk is 5:00 - 9:00 PM, Breakdown/Clean up is 9:00 - 10:00 PM, Please move your vehicle after setting up.
  • What if someone is in my space? Contact David Gordon, he and security will secure your space for you.
  • Will there be security? Yes there will be two security officers form 3:30-10:00 PM
  • What if I have a question during the ArtWalk? An ACK Representative will be on the outdoor patio of Metro Galleries (on Eye St.) or Call David Gordon 330-7541.
  • Can I not be downtown if I don't get a permit? Not within the ArtWalk boundaries- see map.
  • What products are permitted to sale? Original works of Art and Crafts and Prints including Hats and T-Shirts that are from original designs and artwork.
  • What can't I sale or is not permitted? Non-Original Magazines, CD's, DVD's, Silk Flowers Arrangements, Balloons, Cosmetics including soaps, Food, Beverages, and Canned Preserves and Vegetables.
  • Can I sell homemade jam? No
  • Are Tables and Chairs or Shade structures provided with my permit? No. However you are encouraged to provide shade structures that stand at least 6 feet at opening, for safety and accessibility.
  • I am a Non-Profit can I buy a permit? Please call David for answers - 330-7541.

Click here for application to be Vendor.

# Posted 6/4/14; 2:47:10 PM to the Department - -

Arts Directory

Arts Directory 2012:
     Easily find local Kern County artists in these categories: art galleries, arts instruction, arts organizations, dance, digital arts, film, literary, music, photography, theater and visual artists.

Click Here to Download Arts Directory 2012

We are now beginning the process to update our Arts Directory! Please contact us with your information today
or Click Here

# Posted 3/28/13; 1:57:39 PM to the Department - -

Follow us on Facebook...

Facebook logo: Let's Be Friends!

# Posted 6/14/11; 12:53:00 PM to the Department - -

Donate to Music and Arts Programs Here

Donate to the Arts.
# Posted 12/24/10; 11:39:16 AM to the Department - -


Print This Page  

Copyright 2012 Arts Council of Kern - 1330 Truxtun Avenue, Suite B - Bakersfield, California 93301 - 661.324.9000